Tuesday, August 24, 2010





In this past year and a bit I have learnt that being single is not as bad as it sounds.  Sometimes being as single as that tree above means you get to have the rainbow all to yourself ;)
I have learnt SO much about myself, I have come to love myself again.
If you asked me two years ago 'who are you?'  I would have said a mummy, a creative person and ummmmmm.
Ask me that question now and I can make a list for you :)  I know what I like, what I don't like, I know what I want and don't want.
I know i am stronger for everything I had to endure and cope with!  I know that everyday is HARD because i'm a single parent and honestly it is hard, every day, but every single little joy is all mine.
My happiness is in MY hands, not somebody elses!  Life is beautiful, full of challenges but absolutely and definately beautiful.  I'm blessed, my life is filled with blessings.  Why is it that we always wish for more?  Just stop, breathe and tell yourself, 'my life is such a joy!'

"when one door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us..."


--Helen Keller

My littlest girl is slowly saying some words and every time I hear her practise her words, I realize how lucky I am!  Her newest and latest is 'look' and while a day can be long when i have to 'look' at every single thing, it makes you take notice of things you sometimes overlook in your rush to get where you are going, so today we had a look and saw some gorgeous birds, we saw some clouds, some flowers.  We also saw chocolates, shoes, socks, food, milk, books, blankets, lights, fans, mirrors, toys .... you get the idea lol.  And I had a 'mummmmmmma, loook!!!' and when I arrived she had climbed on her change table and STANDING on it, holey moley!!  And of course now that she knows she can do it she does it over and over and over and over haha.  BUT I realize that I"m blessed to be around to see her climb, to see her speak!  To see Katie grow up way too fast, to giggle at her telling me that she is 'EXASPARATED' (really, you get exasparated at 4?? who knew lol) ! 
What are all your blessings?  I can make a list of well over ten things, can you?

Still battling day to day here without my anti-depressants, but thanks to all of you with your support, movtivation or your share of your own personal story, I'm filled with guts and motivation, I'm building a life with the foundations of something that has been a dream of mine.  Hopefully only a handful of months and I can cross another dream of mine off the list :)  wooohoooo!  Aren't you all intrigued now haha.

Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.
A blog today, just because!  Some of you were saying you are going through a seperation as well and I just wanted to say hang in there, it DOES get easier, I know I didn't believe anyone that said that either, but it does get easier and one day will arrive and you might just go 'OH, so THIS is why that all happened!'  I have had my 'AH-HA' moment :)  And while I was waiting for that moment to arrive, I focused on these two beautiful precious girls of mine!



Tomorrow has the possibilities of being a BEAUTIFUL day! 
xxx

Aren't I full of positivism today, no idea why cause i'm EXHAUSTED!  Gets that way when you have a girl that has FOUR teeth coming through at once!!! ;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of hugs !! xx Tina

KarenB said...

Oo-o-o-o-oh this LO has me smiling so much!! I'm so pleased that you're feeling happy and positive xx

Grace said...

I hope I get to where you are soon Joelene. I know it does get easier and I share your belief that it will be all right in the long run.Best of luck with your next goal XXX

amanda73 said...

love love that layout, those are 2 gorgeous girls you have.......... im over my separation from my older 5 boys father, we separated in 2001 after 12 years together, i had been with him since i was 16 and he was all i knew...... it was scary being on my own at first, i had 5 boys between 8 and 18mths, so it was way scary. the thought of being a single mum to sooooo many kids that young...but im so over it now, it took awhile but i got there.....it gets easier..... as you have found out jolene, and you find strength you never knew you had, us women are so resilient but we can be broken we arent invincible, im so glad you have got to that happy place now, and all the bad can be left behind

Kirsty said...

Such a beautiful LO :) You sound so good today! I am happy for you!!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful layout.

Monique said...

I adore that layout - just so sweet!
So glad to hear you so positive, good luck with fulfilling that dream!

hirarin said...

This layout is adorable!

Unknown said...

this is so adorable and sweet Jolene..love all the misting