Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Show me your brad storage!!!

Hiya ladies, I'm looking for ways to improve the way I store my scrapping supplies, some things are working for me at the moment, others aren't.

I'm pretty happy with the way I store my brads, it works for me, but am always looking out for better ways to do it :)


This is how I currently store my brads, in one of these semi-clear organiser plastic boxes that have the compartments inside. This is a fairly large sized one, but as you can see some of my brad colours need more room.


I have organised these by colour, but with the way I store them, it can be fairly hard to find a small brad inbetween the pile of larger ones. I also have my Gem brads mixed in there too, so not the best system



So please share some photos of your brad storage, even if it doesn't work for you, I would love to see how scrappers organise their brads.

Simply click on the 'You are next' link down below and paste a link to your brads!! Thanks gals!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read last month a pretty clever way of storing them !!

One girl pierce them thru a 6x6 white cardstock amd store them in a 6x6 album them she can just flick thru and see what she got !!

or you can do something like this

http://creatingkeepsakesblog.com/2009/03/10/storage-solution-brad-boards/

xx Tina
ps. I can email you a pic if you want to !!

TatumW said...

yep saw this too ^^^^ (its the latest ck to come out here) and i love the idea....thought i might sit down and organise mine like this one night watching a movie....atm my small ones are in a single container i rummage thru and big/glazed ones are stored in a large, open tin on one of my tables for easy reach!

hope the party planning is going well...will be up there in 7 weeks, will have to plan to catch up :) hope that the girls are better, look after yourself xx

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to have a friend make some timber boxes for me and using my small storage jars I keep my brads / charms / rhinestones etc in them. Of course I had to scrap the outside of the boxes :)This is the image of the inside
http://www.my2angels.net/images/insidemybradstoragebox.jpg and I have photos of the outside in my gallery at www.my2angels.net. I love my boxes :)

BethJ said...

Well, mine looked just like yours until a certain almost 2 year old pulled the container off the table and now they look like yours, only not grouped into colours anymore. I might remedy that as it now takes ages to find the colours I need.

Trish said...

Mmm ... no solutions here ... mine are like your if they make it to the container! Otherwise they are stashed somewhere in a box that I've forgotten about! Maybe you'll be my inspiration to get myself organised too. Need to get the Spring cleaning bug.

Lu Zischler said...

LOL! I organize my brads just like you, but I have infinitely less brads than you!!
I wil take a pic yhis week and put the link here...
kisses