Monday, February 08, 2010

The sickies



Had a great weekend!  Then Sunday night arrived.  I was buggered from work from the day and just wanted to do nothing!  Home comes Katie and not much later she starts complaining of a tummy ache!  And not much later after that!  The spewing up all over the show starts *sigh*.  The real test of single parenthood comes when the kids gets sick.  So here I have a girl who is throwing up non stop, I ran for a bucket for her and come back and guess what I see .... having a speedy crawler in the house and vomit is not a good mix is all I'll say!!! What a merry mess!!
So I have had a testing day behind my back, totally tired, have my own tummy aches to deal with, plus that of my girl and a way too overactive baby!  BUT I know I'll make it, cause I've done it before!  We have just taken it EASY today, lying around watching tv and doing much of nothingness, well as much as possible anyways.

Katie's throwing up has settled after a whole night of throwing ups, she looks fine, but I know she is still sick cause she isn't eating and she isn't moving much which is totally unlike her busy self!!

In other news I had done another card!!!!  What is wrong with me lol!  This one is for the Paper Trunk Blog, if you are after the tutorials for the flowers or box, head on over there ;)

Now if only I can find somebody to give this card and box set tooo hahaha, oh well it was fun to do never the less!!  I will be working on valentines day this year at the shop, so hopefully the day will pass by without too much pain ;)



Some quick snapshots I got today, this is what Katie has done most of the day, curled up on the lounge with a hotpack for her tummy, aircon on to break the humidity, but blanket to keep her warm lol.

 

And a super quick shot of adventurous Lily, who like her big sister and starter to walk at NINE months of age!!  She manages about 3 steps before falling forward, but she loves practising none the less ;)
Look at that curl over her ears!

 

Hope you have a healthy home atm!! 

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Such a truly gorgeous card Jolene, and sorry to hear Katie has been so unwell...hugs for you.Know what it feels like trying to cope like that on your own, but you are right, you are strong, you have come so far, and will go even further.Lilly is so beautiful and WOW already taking steps.Hope you are all OK down there with all the wet stuff you Bris girls have been having the past couple of days.

kathie said...

Oh you poor loves. It sucks when you and the kids are all sick and no-one's there to help. Hoping you're all back on your feet before long.

Anonymous said...

ohhh dear u poor thing !! Sending you lots of love and get better soon wishes :) !!!!!!! Oh and that card OMG lost for words girl you are so so so talented !!! xxxx Tina !

Sarah Lou said...

Didnt you get the memo mothers just do not have time to feel ill!! Your poor girl theres nothing worse then feeling yucky esp on a sticky muggy day!

I love the papers you have put together for that set. The favourite Val I have seen yet.
beautiful girls you have there!

Her Essential Hand said...

((HUGS)) Jolene, your being a wonderful mother :) Hope Katie is on the mend.
GORGEOUS card and box, why not write in it and put from Katie and Lilly, because I am sure they love you to bits :) x

TatumW said...

poor katie (and mummy)....hope that she is feeling much better now! that little curl above the ears is just the cutest...J's got that going on too, especially when it gets a bit humid! big hugs to you, Tatum xx

Anonymous said...

WOW, that card is gorgeous!!! Hope Ktie is feeling much better and you too. Lilly is just gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

quelle jolie carte ! et de belles petites filles !