Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where is that rainbow?



Keeping it real today! 

I am ready for a rainbow.  Did you know that to get a rainbow you need both rain and sunshine?

I seem to be stuck in the rain atm!  Nobody's fault, no situations fault!

I have been having an absolutely dreadful time with withdrawal symptoms from going off my anti-depressants/anti-anxiety pills.  Long story short, I was doing a fab job, loving life again, loving every day, so decided to go off my anti-depressants.  I was on half a tablet, so thought the next logical solution would be to go off it!  I was so wrong!!!  Apparently you are suppose to go quarters and then quarter every second day etc etc.  Otherwise you suddenly cause your brain to run low on the essential hormone that keeps your anxiety and depression low!  So guess what happened!?

Yep!  Depression hit me smack hard in the face.  Being stubborn I just decided to ride it out, but boy it has been a hard ride!  I go through one day where I will cry my heart out for no reason at all, it just happens!  The next day I'm angry at everyone and everything for no reason, which is very unlike me!  I can't sleep!  But yet the withdrawal symptoms make me super tired, awesome combo!  So I feel like a zombie!  Because your brain is working so hard at producing the missing quantity of hormones, normal brain functioning becomes something of the past!  I can't concentrate on anything, I'm forgetful, I say things and do things that I normally wouldn't do cause I don't have my normal reasoning skills.  So I have said some super embarrassing things to people and done things which hurt others.  I so hate this.   I feel in such a 'daze' and kinda like my mind and body are two separate things.  Total inner storm constantly brewing!

I've held off for 2.5 weeks now (I think).  I researched some websites and it says it could take up to 8 weeks!!!!!  EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!!  I so want to be my normal self again!  And know that when I talk to people nothing weird will come out of my mouth hahaha. 

So am wondering, cause I know that some of you gorgeous people would have gone through these withdrawal symptoms, how long did they last???  Please don't say 8 weeks lol.

I've been keeping as busy as I can so have been painting the rooms that didn't get done last time.  Have updated my bathroom with a new mirror and new towel rails.  So at least that is keeping me occupied.

ANYWAYS,  I know that this too shall pass, so I'm just waiting for my sunshine to appear again, so that together with my current 'rain' I can create a rainbow :)  It will come, might be tomorrow, who knows :)

On a brighter note!  I went to the Ekka Show for the first time ever!  I took Katie along and just loved every minute because the excitement were seriously just pouring right out of her soul.  She was so gorgeous!  A place with such beautiful colour, so many toys and all the excitement!  For me the best part of the day was the closing events!  Where you get to watch tricks! The most amazing tricks!!!  My favourite was the precision driving, WOW!!!  But totally loved the bikes.  The V6 or is V8??? lol didn't go down well with me cause they kept on chucking dirt and gravel all over us, next time we will not be in the second front row haha, tooooooooo close to the action lol :)  But was awesome!










Katie is turning 5 in 2.5 weeks!!  UNREAL!  Not long now and I will have to get school uniforms and school books and my heart just sinks thinking about it :(  I know she is ready for school though and I'm getting my family as organised as I can to get her settled into a good school!!  School here by us is seriously no good!  I know cause i did relief teaching there, so I am working hard at trying to get us in a better spot so I can get her into a good school :)

And just cause I know so many of you come here becuase of scrapbooking, I'll share a layout that was published a while ago in Scrapbook Creations magazine.  Focusing on stamping :)  I found this awesome bird image online, printed it out and carefully cut the bird out, leaivng the rest of the paper intact, so in essense created a negative mask.  I could then place the paper on my cardstock and simply stamp into the hole where the bird was.  Lots of work, but was fun and so worth it I think :)



Anyways, if you have ever gone off anti-depressants, please let me know the withdrawel sysmptoms affected you and how long it lasted!

:)  Till laters :)  Have a beautiful sunday and a super gorgeous week!!!

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
   Dolly Parton

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there girlfriend !! I have been there and done that, feel free to email on martinaholmstrom@hotmail.com !
I've been on Zoloft for close to a year and went off them hmmm about 6 months ago ! I went throught a terrible time and thought I was going back to being depressed again ! Its really interesting cause noone really tells you about this ! I went searching on the internet and found out that there was plenty of people going throught the same thing ! Just hang in there and you will get through it !! Please email me if you feel like talking cause Ive been there trust me both with depression and anxiety !! Sending you big hugs !!! xx Tina

Lee said...

Hang in there. Depression and axiety are so awful to deal with. I am a 'mild sufferer' so don't do meds because I am too stubborn and want to cope by myself. But life is such a rollercoaster ride... Take care, you are not alone.

Kirsty said...

((hugs)) I hope the withdrawl symptoms don't last long. I have yet to discover how long they last, I am too scared to quit *blush* I skip a day or two by accident and start getting brain zaps and really dizzy :(

Hang in there! You are amazing, I can totally see you beating this!

Ruth Philps said...

I came off them and felt lousy for about 2 weeks....all because I thought I felt so much better..hah I should have knwon it was the meds making me feel better!

Your brain plays tricks on you and so I spent the next 4 months wishing I had the bottle to go back to the Dr's and go back on them but also knowing that I was strong enough to ride out the storm.....and so I am still riding out the storm (otherwise known as school holidays).

I wish you all the best with your journey and you will get better and this blip in your life will be the last!!

ps: It's all because us women are supercopers.ie: we deal with too much too well for too long!

The kids said...

Big hugs gorgeous girl!

Love the pics of the Ekka, Katie looks like she had a ball. And the pic with you is positively gorgeous, you are looking wonderful- must be all that dancing :)

Leah said...

Hey gorgeous girl! You are such an amazing woman, and I know you will ride it out with the amazing strength that you have gained over the past year. I so can't wait to get home so we can have a good girlie chat again! take it easy and I'll drop around in a week or so (when we get back)!

So glad you girls had a fantastic time at the Ekka. It's beautiful, isn't it! xx

Treesa said...

Well you def not alone hun. Im still on mine not game to go off them! I was diognosed with genralized anxiety disorder last year its been a rollercoaster but the positive is I have learnt so much about myself. The main thing us mums need to learn is we are not meant to be supermums and stop expecting so much of ourselves!! :)
Hang in there it will pass sometimes not as quick as we would like, your rainbow and mine is just around the corner!!

amanda73 said...

i was on anti depressants for a while(when my older boys father took them on an access visit and never returned them(im still fighting 5 yrs later, ) but anyway that is the reason i needed to go on the anti depressants, i just couldnt cope with out my babies(i had been a mum my whole entire adult hood....... i like you, felt like i didnt need them any more, and went off them cold turkey(BAD mistake) my doctor never told me not to.....well that caused me to have a nervous breakdown and i had 30 yrs of crap come shooting out the top of my head all at once(any one who has truly had a nervous breakdown would relate to what im saying), so i went back on them, and came off them slowly(i had to give them up all together when i fell pregnant with Connor).....the withdrawl symptoms for me only lasted about a week or two, definitely not 8

Monique said...

Jolene, I have been on and off antidepressents for years.....
Suffered from both depression and anxiety.
Still suffering a severe anxiety disorder - but slowly getting better.
I have gone off my tablets cold turkey - and pretty well suffered from the same thing you describe. NOT nice - but I think symptoms only lasted a couple of weeks???
The other time was with strict doctor monitoring, which is strongly recommended - because it can actually be very unsafe to go off these meds cold turkey;0)
I went off gradually, pretty well in the manner you describe - 1/2 for a couple of weeks, 1/4 for a couple of weeks, 1/4 every second day etc etc....
Good luck, and hang in there - I know you can do it, but if you want to chat more, my email is niq@bigpond.com :0)

Allison said...

Hey Jolene sad to hear your having such a hard time. I went through a bad patch a couple of years back before the move and was on the meds. All up for about 5-6 months. I felt like a crazy person on the meds so I did go off cold turkey and had symtoms for a week maybe two then started to feel better. The change of lifestyle and pace in Hob definately helped I havent had to go on them again. There are still times when I get down but I recognise when it is happening now and do other things to get me back on track :) x

KarenB said...

Hey Jolene, I love those Ekka pics!! I haven't taken Jazi ever, I really don't know how she would cope with the sensory overload, but maybe next year we'll think about it again. I haven't been since I was 12 or 13...

Looking forward to catching up soon x

chrisw said...

OH please be careful and stay strong..I am so glad you were able to recognise something was wrong..It will get a lot better i really promise..those two beautiful girls will give you a million wonderful reasons to live and enjoy everyday,luvnhugs chrisxxx