Monday, December 20, 2010

I've been thinking lots lately ...



You know it happens this time of the year.

Your brain ticking over, wondering if the year almost past was one well lived, wondering what all you want for the new year to come!

I'm a sucker for New Year goals, it gives me something to dream for, something to work for, something to aim for.  I did good this year past, I got every single goal except for one crossed off my list, it has been a hard year, but you know what; I did goooood and all in all, it was a gooood year! :)  I feel a sense of success and proudness knowing that I did so many things I wanted to do!

But now I'm starting to wonder what else I want to achieve, what else I want to learn, what else I want to challenge myself with.  I'm still thinking ... new years ain't here yet, I have time :)

 In the meantime, I'll just enjoy the beauty of xmas :) 

We have been busy busy here, with the move to the new house and setting up everything that goes with that.  But of course we found some time to just enjoy being a family while decorating the xmas tree ... or trying too, Lily decided that while she couldn't hang up the baubles, she could instead rip them from their base instead, but we got there, tree is up and looking pretty in pink and silver :)






On other news, I was very pleasantly suprised when I received my latest copy of Australian Scrapbook Ideas and saw a layout of mine on the FRONT COVER :)  I also have a 5 page article in there, with plenty of tips on taking better photos. So if you are keen to have some time to relax, go and buy the magazine and have a cup of tea.

Here is my page that is featured on the front page!  Seems like ages ago that that photo was taken, life was very different back then, think I was about 4 months pregnant with little Lily Belle.  Amazing how quickly life can change, treasure each day for you never know what tomorrow has in store for you :)



Well I really just came over to my poor abandoned blog to wish you all a
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Keep safe and enjoy the beauty of xmas!



11 comments:

Her Essential Hand said...

its great hearing from you :))
It is good to have goals in life and something to aim for, cant wait to see what you have in store for 2011.
Happy Christmas to you and your gorgeous girls
x

Liz Weber said...

Good on you for achieving so many goals this year. I am sure you will meet many more goals in 2011 Jolene.

LOVE the sweet pics of Katie and Lily decorating the tree, hope you are all well and settled in. New home, new memories is a good thing.

LOVING the front cover layout, congrats on such an awesome achievement!

Hope you and Katie and Lily have a very wonderful christmas Jolene.

Unknown said...

A merry Christmas to you too. Looks like the girls have grown so much!

Leah said...

Well done for the cover layout. Well deserved chicky!! Gorgeous photos of the girls decorating the tree too! Your pink and silver is just so pretty. So good to hear you so positive and moving forward. :)

Francine Burgess said...

gorgeous photos as always..youve had a great year by the sounds of things and achieved heaps..well done..have a great christmas!!

heirloomscrapping said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Jolene and girls Here's to a very beautiful 2011 for you all

Natalie Elphinstone said...

And wishing you a very Merry Christmas also.
I wanted to thank you for your ongoing inspiration. I recently just had a layout picked up for publishing in Scrapbooking Memories which was inspired by a layout you had posted on your blog earlier in the year. I have credited you in my 'materials' list of course, but wanted to let you know personally as well.
May your 2011 be all that you want it to be!!

Anonymous said...

what gorgeous pics of your girls. Love that layout too! Thinking about my goals too. Have a Merry Christmas and a fabulous New year. Take care, Deb xx

Pearl Maple said...

Congrats on the new home and all the fun that goes with it. Always fun to decide on new goals and plans any time of year.

Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas gorgeous girls ! I hope we can catch up soon !!! ♥ to you all !! xx Tina

Lee said...

Have been thinking about you. Miss your blog updates. Best wishes with your new home. May you and your girls have an awesome Christmas. Hope 2011 brings wonderful blessings your way.