Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Power of One :)

Christmas was a gorgeous day!  We even had some beautiful sunshine to brighten the day.  I love the busyness of the day, the excitement that comes from kids, the wrapping paper that fills a floor :)  We had a gorgeous yummy lunch and some scrummy desserts.  It was just nice to hang out with all the family :)


And since then I have just been in complete and total laziness mode :)  It has been gooooood :)  I'll worry bout being busy again after new year, until then I'm recharging my batteries, spending some time thinking, doing lots of reading and just enjoying each day :)

I am still thinking bout my new years resolutions ... Have come up with ONE so far haha :)  Maybe it is just cause I'm so content with my life atm, but really I like challenges, it keep me going, keeps me motivated and on the go, so need to come up with some gooooood challenges for the new year :)  What are your new year resolutions??

Talking about One, I found this gorgeous poem on a gorgeous blog.  I thought it was beautiful, so simple, but keeping that in mind, would be a good positive way to start a new year.

The power of One...


One song can spark a moment,
One flower can wake the dream.
One tree can start a forest,
One bird can herald spring.

One smile begins a friendship,
One handclasp lifts a soul.
One star can guide a ship at sea,
One word can frame the goal

One vote can change a nation,
One sunbeam lights a room
One candle wipes out darkness,
One laugh will conquer gloom.

One step must start each journey.
One word must start each prayer.
One hope will raise our spirits,
One touch can show you care.

One voice can speak with wisdom,
One heart can know what's true,
One life can make a difference,
You see, it's up to you!

:)

Two last shares before I go :)  This one was done ages ago for Stamp and Scrapbook Madness :)


And a card I have made for Websters Design Team Call :)

I am childfree for a few nights while the girls are visiting their grandparents, am enjoying time to just 'breathe' and be me, so am off to the world of reading and might even do some scrapping later tonight :)

The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance.

The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect,

as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your life.

You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose.

- Arnold Bennett
Laters Alligators :)  Don't forget to tell me what your new years resolutions are :)  Think I just thought of another one :)
 
xx









10 comments:

SkrapPrincess said...

Hi Jolene, happy new year to you and your family.

Beautiful layout and the card is just gorgeous.

My new year's resolution is to scrap more, buy less, stress less.

Here's to a great 2011.

Cheers, Megan

Astrid Zwaan said...

Hi Jolene, happy new year to you and your family.

Gorgeous layout and a lovely card.

I love to see you smile again....great pictures from you and the kids....

Astrid.

suebaru said...

Happy 2011 Jolene! Such gorgoeus photos of you with the girls, you look so happy and relaxed! Sue x

Ceci said...

Really love that quote and your work as always. I hope life will treat you and your loved ones well this year. :) xx

Kylie Bowers said...

Oh wow Jolene, it's been ages since I was last on your Blog. Your girls have both grown soo much and they are soo beautiful! Happy New Year and I hope that 2011 is a wonderful year for your family!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh my goodness! What an amazing layout!!! I could stare at it for ages! The card is lovely too! Wowee!!! :D

chrisw said...

Those pics are gorgeous Jo,Happy new year!I wish you every joy in the world

Just Made That Way said...

Your layout and card are beautiful, your girls are just gorgeous!

My resolutions are: be nicer to my self(more me time) and scrapbook the girls baby photos.

I have nominated you for some fun awards, please stop by my blog for a look. www.justmadethatway.blogspot.com

I haven't seen you in ages, miss you heaps.

Have a great week
Rochelle

Roxanne said...

WHERE are you friend?? Ive been worried!!

Natasja said...

Have been thinking about you. Miss your blog updates. Where are you ?? Ive been worried too!!

Natasja