Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of the year!

  The end of 2011 is here!  It has been a good year!  A beautiful year!  Lots of obstacles and lots of challenges, but when I look back, I smile :)

I barely did any scrapping this year!  It was difficult to find a good balance between being a single mummy together with being a high school teacher!  My girls had a time and a half with their adjustments to school/daycare life in regards to their health and we spent most of the year having some disease or other!  We have settled into the Sunshine Coast beautifully, finding peace here in this beautiful part of the world!

To finish off my year, I found some time and sat down and scrapped with Katie-Lee.  Being on holidays, my whole house seems to be so much more peaceful, content and happy.  It is a good feeling looking at my girls and seeing them shine with joy.  It makes me feel like somewhere along the mess of my life the last few years, I have done them proud.  And after all, what is more important in this world than being the best parents you can be.  These kids deserve that much, they deserve the best start to life and have the best examples they can fall back on when life throws lemons at them too.

So to finish off the year!  Which I'm doing with a smile on my face!   I'll leave you all with two pictures!  One of the layout I did, based on a sketch by Anna's Craft Cupboard.  And the other, a gorgeous quote appropriate for this time of the year!

Best wishes to you all, finish off this year with a smile and start the next one off with a feeling of peace and happiness in your soul!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



4 comments:

Sue-M said...

That is a gorgeous LO Jolene and I love, love, love that quote. I hope 2012 brings you all that you wish for.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is amazing!!!!!!!!!

heirloomscrapping said...

Stunning Jolene and welcome back to scrapping I have so missed your wonderful creations

Joanne said...

That layout is GORGEOUS!