Wednesday, January 04, 2012

My lungs are burning!

Why???

Why do I feel like my throat is on fire and that I can't breath?   My legs are aching and feel a bit like jelly.  I feel a bit like throwing up.

Why???

My first resolution for the year I started today!!

Couch to 5K program. (which comes as a brilliant app if you happen to have an iphone ;) )

How many of you have got a 'get fit' resolution?  Are you being specific enough, what does 'being fit' mean to you?  I like to keep my resolutions specific enough so that I know I can reach it!  I know I can run 5km and this program takes you through it in 9weeks.  3 runs a week, round about 30min of your time.  Totally do-able!  Even if I feel like fainting afterwards!!

Step 1 - So I bought a treadmill, secondhand, $300 - bargain! For ages I have promised myself to get to the gym, but being a single mum with little kids I have to rely on creche and some weeks life just doesn't allow me to get there in the hours I can gym, so it hasn't happened ... now I have no excuses!

Step 2 - Start!  Well did that tonight!  I started with Week 2, because I thought I was more fit than i am haha, hence the near death experience! Or it felt that way anyways haha.

Step 3 - Don't stop!!

Stats for today - 2.94km in 31min, 10:33 min/km and burnt 198 cal :)

Let me know if you join up so we can motivate each other :)

Motivation for MYSELF today!  A bit of passive aggressiveness to get me off my bottom where I was sitting way to comfortably, coming up with every excuse of why I can leave the exersize till TOMORROW.



Tomorrow, I can scrap.  Friday I run :)
Night night! xx

1 comment:

Francine Burgess said...

your such an inspiration jolene!!!